Due to healthy and safety concerns, the Share Fromhold Service Center is open by appointment only. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- We are accepting donations of gently-used clothing and household items. To arrange for a donation drop-off time for gently-used clothing or household items, please contact Becky Graff at email@example.com or 360-952-8223.
- We are also accepting new, high-need items. To arrange for a donation drop-off time for new items, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org 360-952-8312.
All items should be new/gently-used, free of rips, stains, odors, freshly laundered and ready to go into a client’s hands. All clothing items should be for the current season. WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING: books, toys (unless new), baby items, household decor. Our current list of most-needed items include:
- Adult sized clothing: Jeans, sweatpants, hoodies, winter coats, boots, shoes, underwear, warm leggings. Long and short sleeve t-shirts
- Kitchen items: towels, potholders, dish rags, pots & pans, coffee pots, crock pots, plates, bowls, cookie sheets, cooking utensils, microwave, toaster oven
- Bedding: pillows, comforters (twin to queen preferred), bed blankets, sheets (twin to queen preferred)
- Cleaning Supplies – new & unopened
- First Aid – new & unopened: band aids, Neosporin, compression roll, isopropyl alcohol wipes and bottles, peroxide
- Household: lamps (only if working & complete with shade)
You can also help by purchasing items on-line via our ‘Wish List’ – click here to view it and start shopping! We create ‘move-in’ baskets for families or individuals which are filled with essentials (silverware, dish set, pots & pans, dish/bath/hand towels, etc.) donated by caring donors. We also provide personal hygiene items, cleaning supplies, clothing and more. Any items you select will help make our clients feel at home – thank you! Note: Needed items are not limited or specific to items on the list; different brands and colors are welcomed and appreciated. Additionally, similar items may also be purchased at alternative stores and shipped to the Share address above.
The donation of new and gently-used goods is vital to serving Share’s clients.
From clothing and personal hygiene items to non-perishable and fresh food, these donations allow us to feed, clothe, furnish homes and so much more for our clients as they move along the path to self-sufficiency. And every donation allows us to spend our funds on providing increased services and programs.
Donated items must be new or gently used (as noted). All items must be clean and in good working condition (fully-functioning); free of rips, stains and/or pet hair.
It’s hard to say ‘no thank you,’ however we are unable to accept the following items any Share location, due to liability issues and/or high disposal costs:
- Furniture & mattresses
- Cribs, car seats, walkers, hi-chairs, pack ‘n’ plays, etc.
- Electronics, speakers, VHS tapes
- Décor items for home or holidays
- Used toys
- Exercise equipment
- Encyclopedias, text books
- Large pictures and picture frames
For Food Safety Reasons We Cannot Accept:
- Home canned items
- Opened items (if the contents are individually wrapped, then it is acceptable)
- Food that is beyond expiration date
- Meat/frozen items that are freezer burned
In an effort to find a home for your generous donation, we have compiled this list of local organizations who may be able to accept your donation.
Where do our food donations go?
At Share, we are often asked where all our food donations go when they leave our warehouse. Here is a diagram, in words in pictures: Where do Share’s food donations go?
If you are interested in organizing a donation drive, please call (360) 952-8312 or e-mail email@example.com