Share provides services to individuals and families and prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, economic status, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation and marital or family status.
Share is a 501© 3 non-profit. Federal ID # 91-1205119
Frequently Asked Questions About Share
Sources of Our Funding
Government (Federal & State): 49.7%
Capital Campaign Fundraising: 15.6%
Student Employment Reimbursement: 1.7%
Private Foundation Grants: 2.2%
In Kind Donations: 16.8%
Private Donations: 5.2%
Interest & Dividends: 1.5%
How Our Money Is Spent
ASPIRE/Transitional Housing: 32.33%
Hunger Response Programs: 18.98%
Shelter System: 27.46%
Capital Campaign & Construction: 1.81%
What We Accomplished in 2011
– Shelter provided for 1,400 individuals, including 275 children.
– 1,400+ individuals accessed Share Outreach services.
– 90,000+ meals served through the Hot Meals Program.
– 2,511 volunteers gave their time in support of Share programs, totaling 76,527 hours. In all, our volunteers provided $1,634,616 of service to our organization!
– Share ASPIRE served an average of 100 households each month and maintained a 75% success rate in moving individuals and families into permanent housing.
– Share’s fundraising events—Annual Gala, Share-a-Bowl, Hoops on the River and Fire in the Park—raised a gross total of $615,364+ in support of Share’s programs.
– 26,903 free meals (breakfast & lunch) served at SummerSLAM; 1,515 children, and their families, at 72 schools served through the Backpack Program.
– Since 2008, Share has enrolled 119 participants in our Individual Development Accounts Program, 36 of whom are still currently in the program; 48 have graduated and made purchases.
– The Holiday Cheer Program served 326 families through adopt-a-family, plus 197 additional families received gifts from general donations and giving trees; we also distributed 55 Welcome Home Boxes and 64 Birthday Boxes.
Confidentiality & Privacy Policies
Share strives to protect the identity of all clients and to treat each individual with care and dignity to establish safety, trust and confidence in our programs. To that end, employees and Board members sign a Confidentiality Policy (available for review via the link below).
Learn about simple ways you can help make a real difference in people’s lives.