2012 Highlights & Financial Report
Share is pleased to present program highlights from 2012, allowing us an opportunity to reflect on Share’s accomplishments, which were made possible with the support of our board, staff, volunteers, clients and community supporters.
Share’s 2011 Annual Report
2011 Income & Expenses
Audited Financial Statements & Supplemental Financial Information
Share’s 2010 Annual Report
2010 Income & Expenses
Highlights from 2012 include:
• Shelter provided for 1,427 individuals, including 368 children.
• 1,100 individuals accessed Share Outreach services.
• 85,200+ meals served through the Hot Meals Program, as well as 33,000+ meals served at our family shelters.
• 2,821 volunteers gave their time in support of Share programs, totaling 62,260 hours. In all, our volunteers provided $1,356,645 of service to our organization!*
(* Estimated dollar value of volunteer time for 2011 is $21.79/hr; Source: Independent Sector.)
• Share ASPIRE served an average of 100 households each month and maintained a 75% success rate in moving individuals and families into permanent housing.
• Share’s fundraising events—Annual Gala, Share-a-Bowl, Hoops on the River and Fire in the Park—raised more than $228,530 in support of Share’s programs.
• 26,903 free meals to the public served through SummerSLAM; 1,500+ children, and their families, served through the Backpack Program.
• Since 2008, Share has enrolled 147 participants in our Individual Development Accounts Program, 54 of whom are still currently in the program; 45 have graduated and made purchases (21 purchased a home, 5 started a business, 6 pursued education, 11 purchased a vehicle, and 2 purchased a computer).
• Share’s 2012 Holiday Cheer Program served 2,377 people, including 419 families, plus 835 meals were served at our Holiday Party.
For 34 years, Share has been a beacon of hope for those who are hungry, homeless or who need a helping hand. We are dedicated to addressing the needs of homeless individuals, families, and the community at large, and are taking steps now to meet the challenges that will influence our effectiveness in the future. We encourage you to give in any way that you can—a bag of nonperishable food items for the Backpack Program, a donation of gently-used clothing to help keep someone warm during a cold night on the streets or an hour of your time to help serve a warm and nutritious meal.
We thank you for your continued support of our organization, giving Share the necessary means to continue providing vital, daily living services to the most needy of our community.
Learn about simple ways you can help make a real difference in people’s lives.