Share’s Glitz! Glam! Red Carpet Gala! held on April 27 at Hilton Hotel Vancouver raised a record-breaking, gross total of $341,292 with a ballroom full of 610 guests, 70 volunteers, and 52 corporate and community member sponsors.
The event was presented by Riverview Community Bank and supported by A Dog’s Best Friend and Jo Marie and Steve Hansen. A special thank you to Kate Jones and Marty Rifkin of KMR Foundation for providing a $40,000 matching challenge and to Teresa Pauletto for providing a $10,000 matching challenge; both donations were made during the special appeal.
We are truly grateful to everyone who attended, donated, volunteered and celebrated with us at this year’s gala. The event was a celebration of our organization’s 40th anniversary, highlighting the growth of Share over the past four decades and renewing our commitment to improve the lives of individuals and families who face hunger, are homeless or struggle to find affordable housing.
As our program success is due to tremendous partnerships in our community, we were proud to present eight Prestigious Awards to individuals and organizations who have made a lasting impact on the vision of Share.
Awards were presented to:
- Bill & Gene Kuechmann: Bill was honored posthumously for his vital role as an early board member and Bill and Gene as two of Share’s Founding 40 Members.
- Clark County: Vanessa Gaston accepted an award in honor of the Royal Arms, the first shelter for homeless families.
- John McDonagh: John assumed the mantle of board president during a time of rapid growth, transitioning the board from a working group to policy making.
- Council for the Homeless: Kate Budd accepted an award on behalf of the Council for their 30 years of leadership and advocacy to end homelessness.
- Jo Marie & Steve Hansen: Jo Marie served as a board director and on numerous committees, Steve and Jo Marie chaired the capital campaign for the Share Fromhold Service Center and provided a significant initial donation to start the Capital Campaign.
- Winter Hospitality Overflow Program: Share honored the congregations of St. Andrew and St. Paul Lutheran churches for their commitment to helping those in need during winter’s coldest months.
- Marty Rifkin & Kate Jones: KMR Group Foundation has repeatedly demonstrated their determination to improve equity and quality of life through matching funds and grants to Share.
- Clark County Food Bank: Alan Hamilton accepted an award in honor of the tremendous partnership that supports our Backpack and Hot Meals Programs.
In keeping with the event theme, Share nominated 11 community members for the glamorous Best Dressed award, which was awarded to Sherri McMillan of Northwest Personal Trainers and Why Racing Events at the April 27 event. Each nominee raised funds prior to the event by asking for ‘votes’ with dollars; gala guests also ‘voted’ using a special ballot.
Additional nominees included Brett Allred, owner of Beigeblond; Darcy Altizer, Executive Director for Southwest Washington Contractors Association; Cyndi Holloway, Governmental & Community Affairs Director for Waste Connections; Bob Knight, President of Clark College; Henri Moreau, Investment Associate at UBS Financial Services; Amy O’Hara, co-owner, When the Shoe Fits; Linda Reid, Relationship Banking Officer with Columbia Bank; Tonya Rulli, Rulli Law; Don Russo, Shareholder at Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt; and Evan Strandberg, Business Development Manager at iQ Credit Union.